神秘内容 Loading...

Cheng then began to study related laws hoping to solve this problem. Zhang Yong's case gave Cheng another chance to challenge the household registration system. (来源:英语杂志 http://www.EnglishCN.com)

Cheng Hai told Zhang Yong that according to a law put into effect in 1958, which is China's only law ruling the Chinese citizens' residential activities, Zhang Yong can register his newborn son's hukou at the city where they have a fixed residence. Since Zhang has bought an apartment in Beijing, he can give his son a Beijing hukou according to the law.

Then, Zhang Yong started his work to apply for the residential certificate for his son at the police station in Changping district. Just as he thought, the application was rejected.

On January 11, 2008, Zhang Yong sued the police station at the local court in Changping district. On February 15, Zhang was informed that the indictment was dismissed. It said that the case was beyond their jurisdiction of the court. It's the second time that Cheng Hai's attempt of challenging the hukou registration system was dismissed by the court. He felt very confused. China's big cities like Beijing did set significant limits on the eligibility of transferring or registering migrants' hukou. However, since there is law explaining how the residents can make their hukou registration, why can't the court deal with the case by law?

Some experts say that the ruling doesn't mean the court does not dare to deal with the lawsuit under the current system. The government also has its explanation of why they couldn't let the migrants' children register their hukou in the city according to related regulations. The only way to solve the problem might be reforming the current household registration system and eliminating the limitations that have been existing for a long time. Fortunately, the Ministry of Public Security has been working on it already. According to the resolution brought by the National Development and Reform Commission, they are hoping to eliminate the old household registration system in the next 3 to 5 years.

Edited from "China News Weekly"

 
神秘内容 Loading...

你可能对下面的文章也感兴趣:

·Luxury car dealers halt sales
·三国演义经典英语台词:桃园三结义
·秘鲁不能因为醉酒被开除 You can't fire me, I'm
·说英语也讲礼貌:英语礼貌用语
·The Value of Preparation
·How Bad is Beer?
·包含26个英文字母的最短英文句子
·High-flyer 成功人士
·生命的美好
·英文摘要七大法宝

共2页: 上一页 [1] 2 下一页
上一篇:大学英语四级英汉词汇互译方法  
下一篇:鱼和熊掌,不能兼得 怎么说?You Can’t Have Your Cake, and Eat It
[返回顶部] [打印本页] [关闭窗口]