同学们在平时做题的过程中有没有发现这样的现象：有些题目看起来似曾相识，轻而易举就可选出“正确答案”，结果往往发现自己错了。这些题目就是我们所说的“陷阱题”。它们看似简单，实则不易解答。出题者往往设下“陷阱”，如果大家用固定的思维方式去考虑，就会误选答案。近年来，高考试卷中也常有这种性质的试题出现。当同学们遇到这种题时，既不可“轻易下手”，也不可不知所措，而应做到先三思而后行。首先，同学们要认真审题，发现“陷阱”。要灵活地运用语法规则，理顺思路，寻找“陷阱”。其次，要运用多向思维，分析“陷阱”。不要用习惯的、单一的、片面的思维去解题。再次，要去伪存真，识别“陷阱”。要抓住基本知识点及特殊现象，不厌其烦地归纳理解，认清选择题目中的“鱼目”及“珍珠”，避免落入“陷阱”。最后就是要加强验证，跳出“陷阱”。这就要求学习者要有良好的检查验证习惯，掌握验证的方法，即使落入了“陷阱”，也能在验证过程中，发现“陷阱”，并迅速地跳出来。 (来源：英语学习门户 http://www.EnglishCN.com)
1. Mr Wang made up his mind to devote all he could ______ his oral English before going abroad.
A. improve B. to improve
C. improving D. to improving
2. Everything he ______ away from him before he returned to his hometown.
A. took B. had been taken
C. had had been taken D. had taken
3. Before he went abroad， he spent as much time as he _____ English.
A. could learning B. learned
C. to learn D. could learn
4. You can never imagine what great difficuly I have ______ your house.
A. found B. finding
C. to find D. for finding
5. The person we spoke to ______ no answer at first.
A. making B. makes C. make D. made
6. The person we referred to ______ us a report tomorrow.
A. giving B. will give C. gave D. give
7. The days we have been looking forward to _______ soon.
A. coming B. will come
C. came D. have come
8. The person we talked about ______ our school last week.
A. visiting B. will visit
C. visited D. has visited
9. The man whose songs we are fond of ______ in our city next week.
A. singing B. to sing C. will sing D. sang
10. Not only ______ the jewelry she _____ been sold for her son’s gambling debts but also her house.
A. is； has B. has； had
C. has； has D. 不填； has
11. ______ in thought， he almost ran into the car in front of him.
A. Losing B. Having lost
C. Lost D. To lose
12. The research is so designed that once nothing can be’ done to change it.
A. begins B. having begun
C. beginning D. begun
13. — What do you think made the woman so upset？
— _______ weight.
A. As she put on B. Put on
C. Putting on D. Because of putting on
14. Time should be made good use of ______ our lessons well.
A. learning B. learned
C. to learn D. having learned
15. It was only with the help of the local guide ______.
A. was the mountain climber rescued
B. then the mountain climber was rescued
C. when the mountain climber was rescued
D. that the mountain climber was rescued
16. Never ______ time come again.
A. has lost B. will lose C. will lost D. lose
17. — ______ was it ______ they discovered the entrance to the underground palace？
— Totally by chance.
A. What； that B. How； that
C. When； how D. Where； that
18. I have nothing to confess. ______ you want me to say？
A. What is it that B. What it is what
C. How is it that D. How it is that
19. Is this factory ______ you visited the other day？
A. the one B. that C. where D.when
20. Was it _____ she heard with her ears really made her frightened？
A： what； that B. it； that
C. that； which D. what； 不填
21. ______ what the six blind men said sounded!
A. How foolishly B. How foolish
C. What foolishly D. What foolish
22. It was ______ the old clock that the old man spent the whole morning at home.
A. repair B. repairing C. to repair D. in repair
23. Is this hotel ______ you said we were to stay in your letter？.
A. that B. where C. the one D. in which
24. Please tell me the way you thought of ______ the garden.
A. take care of B. to take care of
C. takinq care of D. how to take care of