· I have a gig on Saturday night from 7:00 to 10:00.
· MEANING: job (来源：EnglishCN.com)
· This computer program has a glitch.
· MEANING: defect
· This is a pretty glitzy hotel to be staying in.
· MEANING: fashionable
· Let me have a go at solving the problem.
· MEANING: try
· go bananas
· I am going to go bananas if I don't have a vacation soon.
· MEANING: go crazy
· go down
· What is going down?
· MEANING: happening
· I am really a goof at times.
· MEANING: fool
· goof up
· I really goofed up when I painted my room green.
· MEANING: made a serious mistake
· You are always acting goofy these days.
· MEANING: silly
· Use your gourd to figure out what is happening.
· MEANING: head
· His salary is twenty grand.
· MEANING: thousand dollars
· Lots of students smoke grass in the dormitory.
· MEANING: marijuana
· This job is pure gravy.
· MEANING: easy money
· This music is groovy.
· MEANING: pleasant
· Picking your nose is really a gross habit.
· MEANING: disgusting
· The party was a gross-out.
· MEANING: digusting time
· Where is the best place to get some grub around here?
· MEANING: food
· Those clothes are too grubby to wear to the party.
· MEANING: unclean and untidy
· That is a really grungy jacket.
· MEANING: dirty
· He got shot in the gut.
· MEANING: stomach.
· The gut issue is about what we are going to do now.
· MEANING: basic
· It takes a lot of guts to give the boss your true opinion.
· MEANING: courage
· That was a hairy plane trip. I am glad the storm is over.
· MEANING: dangerous
· Put the hammer to the floor or we will be late for the wedding.
· MEANING: accelerator
· hang it up
· I have decided to hang up my teaching job.
· MEANING: quit
· hang loose
· Just hang loose for another few days.
· MEANING: relax
· hang tough
· We need to hang tough on our decision.
· MEANING: stick with
· The police were surprised by all the hardware the gang members had.
· MEANING: weapons
· have a buzz on
· I had a buzz on after the third martini.
· MEANING: was slightly intoxicated
· have good vibes
· I have good vibes about our new secretary.
· MEANING: feel good about
· have it all together
· Recently I don't have it all together.
· MEANING: feel mentally all there.
· I heaved up on the floor.
· MEANING: vomited
· The teenagers look high to me.
· MEANING: intoxicated on drugs or alcohol
· He is such a hip-shooter.
· MEANING: always talking without thinking
· I don't have any idea where my old boyfriend is. He's history.
· MEANING: something in the past
· Your proposal was a hit with the boss.
· MEANING: successful
· hole up
· I had to hole up for three days because the police were looking for me.
· MEANING: hide
· The honcho says that we are going to have to give up two days of our vacation.
· MEANING: boss
· Her clothes make her look like a hooker.
· MEANING: prostitute
· The police stopped them because they though the car was hot.
· MEANING: stolen
· I will do it soon so please don't get huffy.
· MEANING: angry
· If you are not hungry, you won't get ahead in the business.
· MEANING: eager to make money
· If you don't hustle, we will be late again.
· MEANING: hurry up
· The fans were all hyped up for the football game.